Thursday, October 31, 2013

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Claire !

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Claire ! Claire, of Claire's Crafty Creations, was the winner chosen by the DT for the Autumnal colours challenge and as a result was invited to join us as Guest Designer.

So, let's see what Claire has created for the current challenge, which is Harvest / Thanksgiving.


Hi I'm Claire and I'm over the moon to be Guest Designer at Frilly and Funkie. I live in the UK with my grown up son, two gorgeous dogs and a very noisy parrot. I work full time for a mental health charity and when I'm not at work or walking my dogs you'll usually find me in my craft room. I don't have a particular crafting style, I love to mess around with stamps, paints and inks but I also love to colour too.


I've altered a little handbag that was heading for the recycling. The outside is decorated with lots of Kroma Crackle and PanPastels and the inside has two little harvest scenes made with stamps from Joanna Sheen and Clarity Stamps. The images are coloured with Graph'It markers.


I've added lots of die cut leaves made with Kraft Glassine, faux berries, raffia and little flowers made with Crinoline fabric.


I'm sure you will agree that Claire's project is absolutely stunning and has provided you with even more inspiration for the current challenge Harvest/Thanksgiving.

Remember, if you would like a chance to join us as a Guest Designer, all you need to do is join in with our challenges!

5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic project Claire! Love the way you've crackled the bag cover and the seasonal border you've added to those beautifully coloured scenes. Thank you so much for agreeing to be a Guest Designer here at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Claire! Congrats...and what a stunning GD piece!!! So beautiful and lovely effects.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your guest spot, Claire - and what a wonderful creation... that crackle is stunning!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Claire, on being chosen as Guest Designer for Frilly and Funkie! Your project is lovely! The stamping & coloring are fabulous! LOVE the kraft glassine leaves, too … what a wonderful & unique idea!

    ReplyDelete