Thursday, October 29, 2015

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Suzan!

Today we are welcoming Suzan von Essen of 'Getting Inky With It' as our Guest Desginer. Suzan was chosen by the DT as the winner of the 'Chalk It Up!' challenge. So, without further ado let's move on to hear from Suzan.

I am super-excited to have this chance to be Guest Designer at Frilly and Funkie. This summer we moved and it took awhile to get my supplies unpacked. Once they were, I couldn’t wait to set up my craft space and start creating again. I absolutely love learning new techniques, and when I am not crafting, I enjoy showing my Quarter Horse, “Wally.”


Diving in to the theme, I wanted something other than a card. In looking through my dies, I came across a die for a rose. So I decided to do... wait for it... black roses!! Very spooky!! So I set out make a bouquet of creepy black roses any "ghoul" would love to get.


I diecut the petals and leaves from black card stock and using the leaf and ball stylus tools pictured, worked the fibers of the paper.( As you can see, I cut a lot of petals and leaves.) After shaping each individual petal and forming each rose, I painted some flower stems black, and adhered the everything to the stems. I used Tarnished Silver Distress Paint to highlight the petals of the roses, and gray PanPastel to shadow the leaves.


I made a vintage-y looking vase using Krylon's Looking Glass spray paint. A Graphic 45 label from their Steampunk Spells collection, and few more props completed my scene. Details and links are on my blog.


I hope you enjoy my version of "Something Wicked," and that you join in the fun on this challenge.

Suzan

I'm sure you'll all agree that Suzan's roses are totally wicked and will have given you lots of ideas for making spooky bouquets of your own! Thank you so much for joining us as a Guest Designer Suzan.

If you would like to be in with the chance to join us as Guest Designer all you need to do is join in with the current challenge 'Something Wicked'.

We'll be back tomorrow with a new Friday Focus and you are in for something special...

6 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea Suzan! Love this spooktacular floral display. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie as our Guest Designer. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning and what patience you have to make those fabulous and atmospheric roses x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazingly creepy and elegant Halloween display! Your black roses are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - the most beautiful black roses I have ever seen - just gorgeous Suzan. You are a very patient gal to make such a huge and beautiful vase full. It's a lovely something wicked!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - the most beautiful black roses I have ever seen - just gorgeous Suzan. You are a very patient gal to make such a huge and beautiful vase full. It's a lovely something wicked!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, those black roses are totally fabulous - LOVE the silver highlights. This is the coolest Halloween project I have seen! Absolutely spooky and classy too! The owl, the coffin, FANTASTIC! Thanks so much, Suzan, for this wonderful burst of inspiration you have given our readers. We're delighted to have you this week as our guest designer!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete